2. Information Collection, Storage, Use, and Disclosure
The Platform may collect Client’s personally identifiable information (such as, but not limited to, name, phone number, and email address) and any information exchanged between you and your Counselor (collectively the “Information”) for effective operation of the Platform such as connecting the Client to appropriate Counselor based upon their needs.
The data so collected shall be stored electronically in a secured cloud servers. We may employ professional and secured third-party servers to store the data collected and such third-party servers shall be required to take appropriate security measures to protect and secure the data in line with our Privacy Rules. We permit them to store your data only and these third parties do not use or have access to your personal data other than for cloud storage and retrieval.
The Information may be used for the following purposes:
- To contact the Client or provide them with service-related information, alerts, and suggestions.
- For billing purposes.
- To contact the Client, either directly or via the relevant authority, the Platform or the Counselor have reasonable grounds to suspect that Client may pose serious harm to themselves or others or is the perpetrator or victim of a criminal act.
- Assigning a Counselor to the Client.
- To make Counselor Services feasible and effective.
- To supervise, conduct, and regulate the service
- To assess and enhance the efficiency, efficacy, and timeliness of services.
Mankaa kura, like many other Platforms, obtain information using “cookies.” A “cookie” is a tiny data file that is saved on personal computer’s hard disk to keep track of things. Client may change the settings in the browser to prevent it from accepting cookies or to prompt them before accepting one. However, the Client may not be able to use the Platform effectively after refusing to accept cookies.
For more information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Identity theft and account hacking on the internet, including the technique known as “phishing,” are of significant concern. Client should be cautious and make sure to enter account details and other sensitive information into the Platform’s secure system. Mankaa kura shall never request login information or credit card information in any non-secure or unsolicited communication (email, phone or otherwise).
While there are inherent security risks with using any Internet-based service that cannot be completely avoided, the Company’s systems, infrastructure, encryption technologies, operations, and processes are all planned, installed, and managed with Client’s security and privacy in mind. To avoid unauthorized entry, usage, or disclosure, the Company uses industry standards and best practices based on all prevalent international and local data privacy laws and regulations.
7. Service Providers
Third-party companies and individuals may be hired to assist the Platform, to conduct certain Platform-related activities, or to provide audit, legal, operational, or other services. Customer support, technical maintenance, supervision, email management and correspondence, data management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics are a few examples of said activities. Only essential information required by third party essential for them to complete their function shall be share only after signing necessary confidentiality agreements.
8. Children’s Privacy
Children under the national age of consent (below 18 in Nepal) are not directed or intended to use the Platform without parental consent or supervision.
The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or encourage them to register as users. If any Client becomes aware that Personal Information obtained from a child under the age of 13, please contact the Company to remove such information from our records.
9. International Transfer
Client’s data may be transferred to and stored on computers outside state, province, region, or other governmental jurisdiction. Regardless of data location, it will be kept safe and protected in accordance with this policy. Upon the Client’s acceptance of Terms and Conditions and submission of private information, the Client shall be deemed to have consented to transfer such information.
10. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
The provisions of this Policy to maintain data privacy are in consistence as per Individual Privacy Act and other prevalent Nepali laws. The said Act requires the Company to keep all personally identifiable data, physical and mental health conditions, private data collected, data collected in/through electronic means, and other such information confidential.
However, the Company may be required to report information and/or take action if required to do so by law and in good faith, without restriction:
- report or suspect abuse of a child or vulnerable adult;
- serious suicidal potential or harm to oneself;
- threatened harm to another person;
- court-ordered presentation of treatment;
- prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services;
- violation of third party rights;
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the general public;
- enforce our Terms and Policy.
11. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Notice
Mankaa kura is the Controller with respect to Client’s Personal Data. Client can contact our Data Protection Officer with questions, concerns or objections about this policy, or about their data by writing to:
Data Protection Officer,
107/3 Saras Marga, Anamnagar,